Gunjan Organization for Community Development is a non-profit registered organization under Society registration Act 1860 in year 2003 with the objective to address Drug abuse and Crime Prevention. Following describes the Capabilities, which Gunjan has developed over the 12 years.
- PROGRAMME AREAS
- Drug de-addiction
- Capacity building
- HIV/AIDS prevention
- Social networking
Programmes and Resources
- Regional Resource & Training Center (RRTC) North II (H.P, J&K, and Chandigarh) funded by Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment, GoI:
Organisation has been designated as RRTC for above mentioned states since 2010 and currently conducting trainings for more than 120 Drug De-addiction Centres working in private set up or funded by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, GoI. We have resource pool on different issues and in all the four states. Organisation has its own infrastructure in H.P. and has contract with different organisations in rest of the states where organisation is conducting trainings on regular basis. Organisation has its head office in Dharmshala, District Kangra of H.P. and coordination office in Chandigarh.
- Community Care Centers for PLHIVin Hamirpur, Tanda and Bathinda funded by Punjab State AIDS Control Society and HP State AIDS Control Society
The objective of Community Care Centre was to provide therapeutic support to People living with HIV and AIDS and empower them to lead their life in a positive manner.
- Drug Treatment cum Rehabilitation Centre Kullu funded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India.
Drug de-addiction centre was established with the objective to extend support to the people under the influence of alcohol and other substances and has become addicts. Organisation is extending therapeutic support to them so that they are strengthened themselves to come out that state and mainstream themselves in society.
- Target Intervention Project for 400 IDUs in Dharmshala supported by the H.P. AIDS Control Society.
Orgcanisation is implementing TI among drug users so that the process of high risk behaviour for HIV transmission could be reduced to low risk and later on no risk. Organisation has taken the initiatives for skill development and initiating the same with help of IL&FS.
- 24 Hours Tele Counseling Programme for Substance Abusers & PLHIVs self funded and recognised by Department of Social Welfare, H.P.
Organisation initiated this facility with the objective to reduce the physical distance for those who are in need and does not have information on Drug abuse and want to know about the existing facilities and sort out their queries related to the concerned issues. Organisation is also working as secretariat for District Level Network of Positive People.
- Childline Initiatives with CHILDLINE India Foundation and Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- Reducing the risk of HIV/AIDS among Drug Abusers funded by UNODC
- Support Forum of Concerned Citizens (SFCC) that currently has 60 local NGOs/CBOs and 135 social activists of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and chandigarh
- Family Counseling Programme
Organisation is taking care of the family members of HIV infected and people under alcohol drug influence through psycho social support so that the family should know their roles and responsibility and should extend the support to the person who is in need. This centre is also working as facilitation agency to sort out the confusion and disputes taking place due to these circumstances.
- Organisation has developed a reader-friendly web site: www.gunjanindia.org which is resource centre for different issues and is being accessed by NGOs.
- Organisation being RRTC North II is asked by Department of Social Security, Government of Punjab to facilitate and conduct advanced pilot Survey for drug abuse in Punjab which is being conducted in three states i.e. Punjab Maharastra and Manipur under the supervision of National Sample Survey Organisation.
- Organisation has conducted a research in collaboration with CUTS International on “EXPLORING THE INTERPHASE BETWEEN BUSINESS REGULATION AND CORPORATE CONDUCT IN INDIA” which was conducted in four states H.P. Gujrat, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal.
- RRTC is also extending support in conducting the trainings of State AIDS Control Society and recently facilitated Blood Safety Training.
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India
- National Institute of Social Defense, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India
- United National Office of Drug and Crime(UNODC)
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Department of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of Himachal Pradesh
- CHILDLINE India Foundation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India
- National AIDS Control Organisation(NACO) Department of AIDS Control, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India
- Himachal Pradesh State AIDS Control Society, Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Himachal Pradesh
- Punjab State AIDS Control Society, Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Punjab
- Chandigarh State AIDS Control Society, Chandigarh(UT)
- India HIV/AIDS Alliance
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS)
- MAMTA – Health Institute for Mother and Child, New Delhi
Gunjan Organization for Social development actively providing community services in the felids of Drug and Alcohol Prevention; Treatment of Addicts and their Rehabilitation; HIV/AIDS Prevention Care and Support; Empowering Women and PLHAs ; Education of Women and Children and Primarily prevention activities and building Capacity of Civil Society Organisations.