Networking and Advocacy
The primary objective of the organisation is to provide advocacy, networking and capacity building support in deferent forums, in order to promote cooperation and collaboration at the state, regional, national and international levels, in regard to developmental subjects.
- Ensuring technical support to the National Institute of Social Defense (NISD) on issues relating to drug demand reduction at the national level.
- Provide mentoring support to the Drug Treatment cum Rehabilitation centers supported by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the centers run by health department and private settings.
- Drug treatment issues among Women and Children are being addressed in association with CHILDLINE Foundation of India and Ministry of Women and Child Development
Network of People living with HIV/AIDS
Jindgi Jindabad a network for people living with HIV/AIDS established in the year 2012 facilitated by Gunjan Organisation for Community Development Dharmsala Himachal Pradesh. There are about 3000 active members from the PLHIV community across the state. This is a social movement by and for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) in enforcing the recognition for Human Rights of PLHIV in the state. Network has waged a long and intensive struggle against fear, ignorance, prejudice and despair born out of the epidemic and stood to represent courage, insight, acceptance and hope to hundreds and thousands of People Living with HIV/AIDS. We support PLHIV to form self help groups from the bottom up and foster bonding with intra- and intercommunity groups to gain strength and support. Our members include besides PLHIV, people from diverse orientation and marginalized sections of the society – MSM (Men having Sex with Men), IDU (Injecting Drug Users), Sex workers etc. The membership is open to all Indians living with HIV irrespective of gender, caste, religion etc.
- To improve the quality of life of People living with HIV/AIDS in India and provide a sense of belongingness among PLHIV and their families for full and active participation in society and also to reduce further HIV transmission.
- Work towards mobilization for improved prevention and quality of life of PLHIV communities through systematic, continuous development of the networks at various levels – state, district and Taluk/Block levels.
- Promote elimination of stigma and discrimination and protect human rights of PLHIV
GIPA – Greater Involvement of People living with HIV/AIDS
- Implement and promote GIPA for empowerment of PLHIV and impact on programs and policies
Access to information and services
- Ensure access to high quality information and services for positive prevention, positive living and continuum of care and treatment.
Emerging needs of PLHIV
- Respond to emerging needs of PLHIV community, including sustainable options for livelihood and social security.
- To assist PLHIV to adopt safe sexual and injecting drug use behaviors that help not only in the prevention of transmission of infections to other people but also help to protect the health of PLHIV and their partners.
- Services are outcome focused, professionally managed, in partnership, evidence-based and sustainable
Advocate for and support drugs and vaccine trials
- To make sure that they are ethical, clearly explained, strictly monitored and trial participants fully insured against negative drug effect, through participatory involvement. And also to promote, through advocacy efforts, a research atmosphere, not only in medical research, but also in different fields that will benefit PLHIV.