A student studying at a university/college/research institution or working with a NGO in a foreign country or whose interests coincides with that of Gunjan Organisation can apply for an internship. An intern is engaged through direct application, on recommendation by various universities, referrals etc. The duration of internship could be from one to three months. As a policy, the organisations do not pay any kind of subsistence to interns such as Travel, Stipend and Accommodation etc. The location of internship is decided after considering Area of interest, preferred location and Vacancy at the desired location.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME INFORMATION
- Internship charges are Rs.2, 000/-(Rs. Two Thousand Only) which is to be paid along with application form via cheque on the name of Gunjan Organisation for Community Development. Fees will be returned if not selected.
- Letter from university will be required.
- The internship period will be usually of one to three months depending upon availability of infrastructure at Gunjan Organisation.
- Intern would be responsible for all related costs, including accommodation, daily expense, and travel during the internship.
- Gunjan Organisation will not provide any financial support during the internship.
- Maintain the decorum of the office environment. Punctuality and discipline should be maintained. Inform absence well in advance. Keep your mobile phones on a silent mode when in office and limit personal calls to a minimum. In case of indiscipline, Gunjan Organisation reserves the right to terminate internship programme of the intern and forfeit the internship charges mentioned above.
- Submit an Internship Report on completion of internship.
- Termination of his/her internship without notice on one and/or more than one of the following grounds:
- Breach of any Code of Conduct or any law applicable to Gunjan Organisation or any rules made thereunder.
- No intern shall cull and collect any official information and communicate directly or indirectly any official document or part thereof or information to any person except with the express written permission from the Society.
- Wilful insubordination or disobedience of any lawful/reasonable order of a superior.
- Theft, fraud or dishonesty in connection with the activities of the Society or property or the theft of property of another person or visitor at Gunjan offices.
- Not following office timings and non-submission of required reports.
Volunteering with Gunjan Organisation
Volunteering plays and has played an indispensable role in human civilization. Volunteer Service is all about contributing one’s time or talents for helping others for various worthwhile purposes. Volunteering is a two way process of gaining first hand knowledge, experience and lending a helping hand to society. Volunteering is a unique blend of work and cultural submergence as Indian Subcontinent is a conglomerate of different culture, languages, traditions and people. And despite of its high growth rate, India lies in the bottom twenty of Human Development Index. Poverty is commonplace here, and living conditions are too poor to live in. While providing Volunteer Service, you have a number of options for socio-geographical expeditions integrated with social work and a journey towards inner-self. Here you can enjoy a plethora of ecological variations. Here you can find innovative ways to combat issues like illiteracy, malnutrition, poor health and living conditions and develop ways to confront challenges like promoting natural resource conservation to micro-business or from health campaigning to livelihood development.
Contribute your talent and time for social up-gradation and you will have a life-changing experience of revelation, spiritual and mental gratification.
Volunteer Opportunities with Gunjan Organisation in following areas
- Documentation of the Programs / activities and Communication
- Development of Training Modules
- Bal Umag – Health with Dignity
- Care Support and Treatment Program
- Non Formal Education
- Vocational Skill Identification and Conducting Training Courses
- Resource and Community Mobilisation
- Research and Development